Wedge Uncoilers are a 6-tonne capacity single capstan uncoiler operating using
a hydraulic wedge system that provides a sturdy and reliable grip on coils. A
4-leaf mandrel mounted to the top of the uncoiler body via two large heavy duty
captive bearings expands and retracts to hold the coil via a hydraulically
operated wedge and drawbar system powered by a dedicated onboard hydraulic
powerpack mounted inside the uncoiler body. The uncoiler is controlled by a
standalone operator’s console that also houses all necessary electrical
equipment and can be operated in manual, or automatic mode in tandem with
- Welded steel construction painted with lacquer finish.
- Removable guarding covering main drive and pinch points.
- Four solid steel palm plates each attached to mandrel via a pair of captive wedges allowing for reliable and firm grip on coil bore.
- Expand/retract powered via hydraulic piston and on board self-contained powerpack.
- Pressure reducing valve to minimize potential damage to coil bore.
- Rotational power provided to the uncoiler mandrel via VFD electric gearmotor coupled via heavy-duty chain and sprocket transmission.
- Variable payoff speed controlled via overhead laser.
- Can run in reverse -in combination with a snubber arm- to allow for the re-winding of coils.
Hayes Wedge Uncoilers are available in multiple configurations including a 1250mm wide mandrel for wider coils and narrow versions for use with purlin coils. Please contact Hayes International for more information on an uncoiler to suit your needs.
CONTACT OUR SALES TEAM
For any queries or to request a quote please contact our sales team.